Hardware, software & bandwidth requirements
Hardware, software and Internet bandwidth recommendations for PC to be used by users for learn1thing:
· A dual-core CPU with at least 2 gigabyte (GB) of RAM and running at speed of at least 1 gigahertz (GHz), or the minimum hardware specification required to run the latest version of Google Chrome and Mozilla FireFox, whichever higher.
· The latest version of Microsoft Internet Explorer©, Google Chrome©or Mozilla Firefox© is recommended.
· Flash must be installed. The latest version is recommended.
· Allow pop-ups for connection to learn1thing host.
· For desktop sharing, Firefox with Java installed and enabled is required
· Operating system capable of running the latest versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer©, Google Chrome©or Mozilla Firefox©.
· Minimum upload speed is 0.5 Mbps (megabits per second) and download speed is 1Mbps per PC/user. For example, if there are 10 users concurrently connected to learn1thing, the total bandwidth recommended should be at least 5Mbps upload speed and 20Mbps download speed.
The ports must be open for external users to connect to BigBlueButton© Server:
· For TCP ports, clients must be able to connect o the BigBlueButton server (188.8.131.52) on port 80 (HTTP), 9123(Desktop Sharing), and 1935 (RTMP).
· For UDP ports, clients must be able to connection a port within the range 16384-32767 for WebRTC-based audio.
· There is a BigBlueButton©client check utility (https://bbb.learn1thing.com/check/) available to check the end-to-end performance (please ignore the failure of WebRTC Echo Test as it is not used for learn1thing implementation)